Lancaster Interchurch Peace Witness is a grassroots association dedicated to promoting biblical values of justice, care of creation, peace and nonviolent solutions to conflict.
In pursuit of our vision of a secure, sustainable and just world for all of God’s creation, we:
- Are guided by the notion of peace as shalom, a wholeness that embraces justice and the possibility of life in full for all creation.
- Educate ourselves and others on all that undermines peace and the words and actions that nurture it.
- Promote peace building locally, nationally, and internationally. Engage congregations in mutual pursuit of our vision, as given in this statement.
- Advocate public policies and actions that further the cause of peace and the common good.
- Ally with organizations and movements that share our values.
- Witness publicly to our commitment to peace, justice, equality and care of creation.
We share this witness through our website, public educational events, advocacy initiatives, and special interest groups.
We aim to raise awareness about peaceful resolutions to conflict and emphasize the Christian mandate to seek peace.
Issues LIPW addresses include:
- Justice: Environmental, Social & Economic Equality
- War & Peace (Militarism)
- Violence in Society
- Peaceful Approaches to Conflict (Locally, Nationally and Internationally)
- Discrimination & Human Rights
- Advocacy for Justice & Peace (Locally, Nationally and Internationally)