Volunteers with the Ecumenical Accompaniment Program in Palestine and Israel (EAPPI):
- Live in the West Bank for a three month term
- Work as an international team to provide protective presence to vulnerable communities
- Monitor and report human rights abuses and support Palestinians and Israelis working together for a just peace
- Build relationships with Palestinian Christian communities and others supporting non-violence globally to strengthen networks of solidarity
- When they return home, talk about their first-hand experiences to inform people of the realities of the occupation and campaign for a just and peaceful resolution to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict based on international law and UN resolutions.
EAPPI is a program founded by the World Council of Churches in response to a call from the local Heads of Churches in Jerusalem. EAPPI-US is the US based program through which Ecumenical Accompaniers (EAs) from the United States participate in EAPPI. EAPPI-US is supported by US national churches in partnership with Church World Service and welcomes engagement from a wide range of churches, agencies and individuals. It is supported by:
- Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) (in the US and Canada)
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Presbyterian Church (USA)
- United Church of Christ (in the United States)
- United Methodist Church
Full Scholarships Available
EAPPI-US is pleased to announce some unique scholarship opportunities. Thanks to the generous support of a foundation we anticipate granting several full scholarships that will cover total costs of participation. These scholarships are intended to strengthen the advocacy work of EAPPI-US and will be awarded to candidates with exceptionally strong advocacy skills and experience, and the ability to commit to post-term advocacy work.
EAPPI-US also has partial scholarships available for candidates not selected for full support.
Application forms, with dates for upcoming terms, can be found HERE. Applications are received and reviewed on a rolling basis. Please direct any questions to Steve Weaver at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in EAPPI.